people asked for more genderbend Avengers headcanons so here you go!
With Steve I think he would be one of the few to have an easier time accepting it if it was permanent. I like to think he would be affected differently than the others to suddenly be a gender that most people want to “protect” considered “frail” in a sense much like he was when he was bb!Steve. (I even think he might have thought things would have been easier for him as a girl when he was younger and realizing he was gay because of the time he was in) Like he might end up feeling more at home as a woman because he’s no longer in the small body he was too big for and he’s not in the big body he doesn’t think he’s good enough for. But he’s seen proof of strong women in his life and he’s a fighter for the good side and in the end that’s what matters. Not whats on the outside but the inside :)
“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
I think we all feeling his expression to this shit right now. lmao
I said I feel like him before I even scrolled down to see the rest of the post. We’ve been saying she’s mocking us but so many of you still don’t get it.
shit is clear as day in their face though. I’ll never understand why some choose to be blinded.
Somebody kick her ass please
I fucking hate her.
Y E S
IT IS GETTING BETTER
When I first read about this woman’s plan I thought it was a strong idea but I was worried that it was a little bit much for one person, no matter how dedicated, to keep it up for too long, especially since she has, you know, college to commit to. I never thought about how, if other people helped her carry her burden, I never thought about how much it would look like pallbearers with a coffin. Which is simply one of the strongest visual symbols one can use to disturb people in the western world.
What makes me so happy about this is that she isn’t telling you you must love your body or that you are obligated to. She saying you have permission to. And that’s important, because there are a lot of reasons why people have trouble with self-love. But the idea that you aren’t supposed to love your body, that you aren’t allowed to for whatever reason, needs to be crushed. If you can’t love you body right now, if your body causes you pain or disphoria or distress, you aren’t required to love it. But you are ALLOWED to. You are entitled to the chance to make peace with your body, if you ever reach a point where you are ready to. No one else should be trying to stop you.
beautifully said ^